Best popcorn popper for roasting coffee in 2020.
Best popcorn popper for roasting coffee in 2020.
- 1 Best popcorn popper for roasting coffee in 2020.
- 2 Fruits are in beans, beans are in coffee…
- 3 Why roast coffee beans yourself?
- 4 The best popcorn popper for coffee roasting
- 4.1 Best popcorn popper for coffee roasting Wabash Valley Farms for the stove
- 4.2 Best Popcorn poppers for roasting coffee-Zippy Pop Pop for Cooker.
- 4.3 Best popcorn popper for roasting coffee-Cook N Home Stainless Steel Popcorn House
- 4.4 CLICK HERE TO VIEW ON AMAZON
- 4.5 Popcorn popper for roasting coffee-Franklin for the stove
- 4.6 Why Not to Use a Popcorn Popper for Roasting Coffee
- 5 Which popcorn popper is best for home roasting?
- 6 Popcorn popper for the stove.
- 7 How to fry grains at home
Planning to buy a Popcorn Popper? Read our expert reviews and comparisons of the bet Popcorn Poppers for Roasting Coffee before you purchase.
So, you’ve learned how to grind beans yourself with the help of improvised means and make the perfect coffee. Now your friends are jealous of your ability to make lattes. What about roasting beans at home?
Now that’s impressive. Let’s talk about this process in more detail.
Do you think roasting on your own will bring a lot of trouble? That’s not true. However, you will need certain skills and a very important tool popcornica.
|BEST CHOICE||PREMIUM PIC||BEST VALUE|
|Wabash Valley Farms for the stove||Cook N Home Stainless |
Steel Popcorn House
|Franklin for the stove|
|CLICK HERE TO VIEW ON AMAZON||CLICK HERE TO VIEW ON AMAZON||CLICK HERE TO VIEW ON AMAZON|
Fruits are in beans, beans are in coffee…
As you know, coffee is the fruit of the coffee tree at the beginning of its life cycle. They are collected (often by hand), cleaned of pulp, sorted, evaluated, washed and then dried.
Green coffee is roasted. At this time, the temperature inside the beans reaches 2160 degrees Celsius. When heated, the carbohydrates contained in them are broken down into simpler sugars. The beans are caramelized and their color turns brown. The longer the roasting time, the darker they become.
The frying time affects the final taste of the beverage. It is the oils released during the heat treatment that are responsible for the taste and aroma of coffee.
Why roast coffee beans yourself?
Coffee lovers know that today you can buy green, non-roasted coffee beans. If you make them at home, you can create your own “variety” by mixing your favorite product and subjecting it to the desired degree of processing.
To achieve the ideal, you do not need to have an industrial machine at home, which is designed specifically for this purpose. You can do everything, but on a smaller scale, at home with popcornica.
Yes, that’s right. It is a tool that is essential for roasting green coffee beans at home.
If you use it, you can have complete control over the process. You will achieve the dark or light degree of processing you want! At the same time, the tools used for preparation are inexpensive and easily accessible.
The best popcorn popper for coffee roasting
We will help you choose the right model. We have considered the four best popcorn popper for coffee roasting beans at home. Take a look at our reviews and then read the educational section of the article to learn how to use this tool and roast your own coffee!
Best popcorn popper for coffee roasting Wabash Valley Farms for the stove
Wabash Valley Farms is Amazon’s choice and one of the bestsellers on this site. It’s a great device for roasting coffee!
It is lightweight and easy to move. The device is made of stainless steel, not aluminum. The contents will heat up faster and roast evenly than in other similar models.
It can hold up to 670 g of green coffee beans at a time.
- The stirring handle is well made and easy to use.
- The lid closes tightly and firmly, it will not open during roasting.
- The lid is opaque, you can’t look through it and check the degree of readiness.
- Because of the problem described above, it is difficult to choose the right operating time.
- You will have to stir the contents all the time during cooking.
Best Popcorn poppers for roasting coffee-Zippy Pop Pop for Cooker.
The Zippy Pop model is strong enough. It is skillfully made of non-stick coated aluminium. It has a flip mechanism and the contents will rotate continuously to ensure even roasting.
- There is no need to stir the contents all the time.
- The appliance is used on a stove, so it is very convenient to control the temperature.
- The non-stick coating makes it easy and quick to clean the appliance.
- The colour of the grains can be monitored through the glass lid.
- The only drawback is that the stirring blades do not reach the edges of the container, so some grains do not turn over.
Best popcorn popper for roasting coffee-Cook N Home Stainless Steel Popcorn House
The Cook N Home model is a robust, reliable stainless steel unit. It is made on conscience.
- The device is made of stainless steel and its content is heated and evenly fried.
- The lid closes securely.
- the huge capacity of the device (up to 6 kg) is suitable e for preparation of large volumes of coffee.
- Despite the fact that we generally like this model, its lid is opaque. This makes it difficult to keep track of the degree of roasting.
Popcorn popper for roasting coffee-Franklin for the stove
The impressive capacity (up to 5.6 kg) of this aluminium model is suitable for roasting large quantities of coffee. The non-stick coating ensures quick and easy cleaning.
- The model heats up quickly and roasts the contents evenly.
- The lid has a wooden stirring handle, so you won’t get burned.
- The lid is opaque and will have to be opened continuously to track the colour of the grains.
- The lid closes a little loosely, so it can open easily during cooking.
Why Not to Use a Popcorn Popper for Roasting Coffee
Which popcorn popper is best for home roasting?
Insightful coffee drinkers will notice that all the models we have reviewed are used on the stove.
Why? Let’s see what other options we have.
There are four main varieties of popcorn, which can theoretically be used at home.
Hot air popcorn.
These devices are inexpensive. In addition, you do not need to constantly mix content during cooking, as with other similar devices.
The main drawback is that most models do not produce the high enough temperature needed d for good roasting. In addition, these devices were not designed for roasting coffee. There were cases that they even caught fire! Yes, really dark roasting.
Popcorn popper for the stove.
They’re like industrial machines used by professional roasters. That’s why we prefer these kinds of devices.
They precisely control the temperature of the container. Many models have transparent lids, so you can observe the grains during cooking and track their colour.
It is possible to control the stirring speed so that the roasting is more uniform. Most models have a non-stick coating, so it’s easy and quick to clean.
The only drawback to this type of cooking is that you have to stand by your side and watch the cooking process at all times. However, the delicious aroma of coffee makes up for this gap.
Electric Popcorn Popper
Such devices are popular among those who practice roasting at home. They stir the contents themselves and are easy to clean. The devices maintain a constant temperature every time they are used.
However, electric machines have a few disadvantages.
The main problem is that the temperature cannot be adjusted, and the usual temperature for most models is too low for roasting. Automatic stirring blades also often jam grains, which scratch and damage the Teflon non-stick coating of the container.
Popcorn Popper for Microwave
Although the microwave is a handy device suitable for different processes, it is certainly not suitable for roasting coffee beans.
Microwave popcorn beans do not heat the contents evenly, so you can find both burnt and under-roasted beans in one serving. When the machine is placed in the microwave, the contents cannot be stirred, so the roasting is not evenly distributed.
Often the microwave popcorn is made of plastic. This is why you cannot use high temperatures. Plastic also gives an unpleasant taste to the product.
For this reason, we recommend the use of popcorn bread.
How to fry grains at home
So, you ordered popcorn and green coffee beans. What’s next?
Roasting isn’t as hard as you think it is. Let’s look at this process.
You’re gonna need it:
- a cardboard box;
- a metal sieve;
- a big spoonful;
- green coffee beans of premium quality.
The description of the process:
- Place popkornitsa in a well ventilated place: for example, under an extractor hood or near the open window. Otherwise there will be a lot of smoke.
- select the number of green coffee beans you need. Use as many green coffee beans as the manufacturer recommends to add to the popcorn.
- Following the manufacturer’s instructions, start the machine and load the beans into it.
- After 3-5 minutes you will hear the sound of codfish. When it stops, it means the beans have reached a slight degree of roasting. If you need a darker degree of roasting and more intense flavour, continue cooking.
- Watch the roasting carefully. Slow down for just one minute, and the contents will turn into coals.
- When the grains are almost ready, turn off the device. Sprinkle them into a metal sieve.
- Hold the sieve above the cardboard box, toss the grains lightly to get rid of the husks.
- Put the contents in an open container, where they should stay for a couple more hours. This will “breathe” the coffee, and the unnecessary gases will evaporate.
- When the coffee beans cool down, move them into airtight containers.
Note: you can freeze the coffee to keep it fresh.
So, you successfully roasted the first batch of coffee beans!
As you may have noticed, roasting coffee beans in your home popcorn is not a complicated process. It’s all about practice.
Look through our model reviews, buy a device and green coffee beans of good quality. And then you can do the roasting.
Happy coffee preparation!